cold. shopping.

I'm seriously not impressed with the cold. It's -24 degrees (-11.2 F, according to google) outside.

Other things don't impress me either. I took the boys shopping after dropping Jordan off at nursery school. They were fine in Walmart until the very end, when I was ringing up my order and Tennyson buggered off for the door. The door guy said he'd watch him for me. A little embarrassing, but a relief.

Sobeys - again, well behaved until checkout time. Then Tennyson headed toward the door. Jordan always goes to check if anyone left any candies in the candy machine opening. I assumed that he had done the same. I called his name a couple of times and then ran over there to grab him. He wasn't there. I checked the entrance. Not there either. I had left Mitchell in the lane with the checkout girl. I was just about to freak out, thinking that he had made it to the parking lot when a lady tells me he had circled back around one of the checkouts.

Some days they could just about make a person cry. Who am I kidding - there's no "just about" about it. Rotten kid. Good thing I love him.

As I was leaving with my two kids in tow, a slightly older lady says to me "Take courage. I raised four boys." She didn't say it with a "you're a shitty mother" look on her face. It was one of those "I totally understand" moments. Made me feel just a little better.

Comments

Ange said…
I think we all understand. It's not easy being responsible for all these little people that have ideas of their own. You are a good mother, don't forget it.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

the manitoba marathon