christmas letter in september, but only because it's been so damn long

Good morning, people! Where to start? Oh! With an early morning walk, no breakfast, all the coffee and the ever-awesome early-morning-all-the-coffee-no-breakfast jitters. I love coffee high.

We went on a road trip this summer. BC, Vancouver Island, all the good places. Nobody fell off any mountains, was eaten by a bear or was brutally pummeled by a sibling in the many hours spent in the van. Win win win. I have pictures here..... somewhere, but that would involve a lot more than just typing some stuff out.

School started, two days ago for the kids. Not for me. Ah well. Subbing for now still, I suppose. Elliot is in grade 2 this year and this morning as she comes out ready for her day it occurs to me she's now worn the same outfit for the entire 3 days of this school year so far. I'm sure nobody will notice. Mitchell is in grade 4, the oldest class in his school. It's weird, because he never seems like the oldest anything to me. Tennyson  is in grade 5, first year at a new school and he loves his teacher and his school and informs me that the Internet tells him that he's everything a  girl wants in a man and I'm a little scared and amused at the same time. Jordan, grade 7. Zits and crushes. I'm not sure I'm ready for that either.

Steven's birthday is tomorrow. He'll be 39, which technically signals the start of his 40th year. I've only mentioned it about 27 times. He loves it.

Steven has joined a band. I think he loves them more than me. I should ask them if he blushes. Seriously though, it's awesome and he's jazzed about it and he's a little hot up there playing guitar, even if he's the one guy on stage who refuses to move anything but his fingers, and even then, only enough to keep the song going. It is my absolute favourite thing about his band performances. That, and that he grins all cutely at me anytime I make eye-contact with him.

Cutely is a word. I mean, it is now that I've used it as one, but it was one already as well. Who knew. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

the manitoba marathon

10 weeks