I've been a bad picture-taking mother lately. I plan family things or we are invited to family things, and by the time we get doing what we are doing, and I organize the kids, and I take part in the festivities, and days and weeks go by, it never occurs to me to pull out a camera. I used to take more iphone pictures, but they're kind of crummy, as far as pictures go, so that's deterred me from snapping a lot of pictures that way.

We went camping this last weekend with Steven's sister Deanne and her husband and boys, and Steven's dad and Step-Mom, and when the weekend was almost over my sister-in-law Deanne pulled out her camera to take a picture of Travis teeter-tottering with the kids and I realized that I haven't taken any camping pictures at all this year, despite this being our third trip, so I grabbed my camera too.

Here is the one lonely camping picture I have taken this year:


I know. You don't have to tell me, I freely admit it: This is some pretty lacklustre photography. It's true.

Today I decided maybe I should finish the post I started weeks ago showing the kids in September, on their first day of school, and again in June, on their last. I plug in the iphone and the digital camera, not sure which device would have the June pictures on it, and what do I find?

My sneaky little stealth photographer has been at it again. Over the years I've downloaded pictures off my camera and found elaborate photography sessions have been held, with little knowledge on my part. Of course, Jordan always puts the camera back where she found it once she's finished taking a hundred pictures of her dolls, siblings, feet, hands, face, the carpet, the dogs, the dogs, the dogs, etc., as well as numerous videos of the other kids doing weird things while she laughs maniacly from behind the camera and tries to direct them.

So, courtesy of Jordan, here are a few camping pictures! I left out the dozen taken of the trees across the road from our site, as well as the ones where she obviously chased an unwilling, grumpy brother around, snapping pictures all the way, and the thousand pictures of each dog.

My favorite is Deanne in her Snuggy. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

the manitoba marathon

10 weeks