happy cough cough thanksgiving

I've dropped the ball on Blogtober. It's funny how it's so easy to do this when you have developed the habit, and so difficult to restart. I think we lose our "writing voice."

I've basically been on the couch since Monday night. I went to work on Monday, and then Monday night felt a sore throat and some congestion coming on. Woke up on Tuesday morning and felt shitty. I've been on the couch ever since. I've been tested for both covid and strep throat, both of which were negative. Turns out I'm just a big wuss with a cold. But my god, what a cold.

Yesterday Elliot stayed home with me, with her newfound sore throat. Remember the days when we'd just take some tylenol and a pocketful of cough drops and go to work/school? Me too. Now we are banished to our homes. Ah well. I watched a lot of Shameless this week. Started a show called Maid. Finished off Sex Education. (All very high brow viewing, I assure you).

We declined on an invitation from my aunt to join her and her family for Thanksgiving dinner tonight. The youngest little one is less than two weeks old. A baby cuddle would have been nice. We have dinner tomorrow with Steven's family. If I'm still coughing up unmentionable things I won't be going. Fingers crossed Steven and the kids are well. :(

Anyway, happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense