a day on facebook. too bad i'm too cool for twitter...

Tiffany Verwey spent a half hour in WalMart with her kids and it may have thrown my ENTIRE DAY. Little heathens. Oh yeah - and note to kid - "do NOT stick your tongue out at mommy when she's trying to give you shit for something." Ugh.

  • Tiffany Verwey She's been in time out for a little while now. Heh.
  • Jan Verwey She's got spunk that one...
  • Terra Van Deynze Don't feel bad I feel the same way when I go with my 4 kids all together! I am no help though because I can't even say it gets easier when they get older! It is just a different kind of not listening and fooling around!
  • Tiffany Verwey I sometimes think that at least if they were a little older I wouldn't have to worry about them panicking if they lost me and running out into the parking lot and getting hit by a car. One time when Jordan was refusing to stay with me I snuck around an isle and was going to watch and see what she did. Well, it took about 3 seconds and she was ... See Morescreaming "Mommy! Mommy!" and crying and all these other people swarmed her and were trying to tell her it was okay and that they'd find me. A little embarrassing, but she stuck to me like glue for the rest of that shopping trip!
  • Tiffany Verwey I'm wondering, how old/big do they have to be before they can't fit in amongst the cereal boxes on the shelves???

Tiffany Verwey just baked dozens of monster cookies. They've been cooling on the counter for hours. Unlike my other chores, I'm sure that if I just left them there they'd clean themselves up...

  • Terra Van Deynze I sure hope they are for tomorrow's party!
  • Tiffany Verwey As a matter of fact, they are! At least some of them. Next weekend is the family birthday party so I'm hoping that I can keep Steven out of the family half of the cookies for the next week. I'm going to need a lot of luck!
  • Tiffany Verwey And just so you know, the first batch may have burned a little. But I mixed them all up randomly in the containers so it's anybody's game. A little cookie russian roulette. "Why serve them to your guests at all" you ask? Why, because I know you're not THAT fussy. hehehe.

Tiffany Verwey jordan: "Mommy, can I have a bandaid?" Me: "For THAT? Nope." Jordan: "But Mommy, it's bleeding when I look at it" (as she strains to get her leg right up to her eyes). Me: "Heh, you'll be fine." hehehehe. I'm raising tough kids.


Tiffany Verwey has a feeling that Tennyson is upstairs sneaking cookies. They're supposed to be grounded from cookies today. Is that the best punishment or what? They're a little cheesed that I ate one. I told them that since I wasn't climbing the displays in WalMart it's okay if I have a cookie. "Mitchie's not getting one, is he?" they asked. Why, yes, yes he is. Mwahahahah.


Tiffany Verwey survived the day. As if normal people bake stuff all day. I think I've filled my quota for the year. I know, cup cakes, cookies and pizza may not be YOUR quota, but I don't feel all warm and fuzzy about baking. I'd rather cook.


  • Tiffany Verwey Scratch that, I'd rather Jan just brought me Tornado's every day around 5:30.

Tiffany Verwey is it SO horrible that I'm down in the nice cool, dry basement while Steven is outside mowing grass? What if I reluctantly give in and let him eat a monster cookie after? What if I make sure it's not one of the slightly scathed ones?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

MIA